RVO Laikipia Adventure traverses Makena’s Hills within Ol Ari Nyiro Conservancy, high on the eastern escarpment of the Great Rift Valley. This pristine wilderness area is on the extreme western edge of Laikipia, with immense views from high above Lake Baringo.
The trails comprise jeep tracks and bush trails across a vast wilderness. The cycling routes we have selected are within the cattle grazing areas, away from areas with significant wildlife. For added security the Ol Ari Nyiro Conservancy team will deploy their game scouts and vehicles to ensure that our trails are free from troublesome wildlife..
- A moderate level of physical fitness is required to fully enjoy this wild landscape.
- There are no technical sections so the trails are suitable for everybody.
- Approximately 50 km of cycling per day includes a leisurely picnic stop.
- Vehicle support provides the option for cycling shorter distances.
- e-mountain bikes are welcome, we will deliver spare batteries in the support vehicle. (Kenya uses 240V UK plug standard).